Health & Safety Sales Specialist
Director Safety Markets
The Health & Safety Sales Specialist conducts joint and independent sales calls and participates in trade shows, for the purpose of promoting and growing TENAQUIP Safety product sales and services to end user customers.
- Assist in the development of annual sales forecasts and to achieve agreed upon sales goals within the defined geographical territory.
- Schedule and conduct joint calls with Key Account Managers, Business Development Managers and company established safety suppliers, and complete independent sales calls and customer surveys as required.
- Plan and schedule customer seminars and/or other sales support activities necessary to drive sales growth.
- Provide necessary reporting on a timely and regular basis.
Candidate may be required to carry out other responsibilities in order to meet changing business needs.
- Highly Effective Selling Skills training with a proven track record.
- Fully competent with major safety legislative and regulatory standards for Industrial Safety within geographical areas assigned. These areas of competency include Confined Space, Fall Arrest, Lockout/Tagout, Spill Control, Flammable Storage & Handling, Emergency Shower & Eyewash, Arc Flash, etc.
- Certification as a trainer for the product categories and brands deemed essential by TENAQUIP such as Respirator Fit Testing and Fall Arrest Inspection.
- Proficient with conducting customer "On Site" surveys as a means to uncover new sales opportunities.
- Highly effective Presentation Skills.
- University or College level business or marketing degree preferred. Formal Selling Skills Training such as CPSA is an asset. Minimum 5 years outside sales experience in the Industrial Occupational Health & Safety field.
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written French and English.
- Skilled in use of Microsoft Applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.